Imagine what it would cost to replace your home and its contents if it was ravaged by fire, washed away by floods, or the target of thieves and vandals. Would you be able to replace everything from your bank account? Will your current insurance policy cover you with the amount you need to rebuild and replace?
For most people, the answer to both of these questions is no. Even those with a good insurance policy may find that they have underinsured their contents, or find that they were not actually covered for fire or floods in their current policy. It is always too late after the tragic event has happened, so it is important to sort out your home insurance and that of your contents so that you can go about your daily life with peace of mind.
Insurancebuffs can provide you with a wide variety of home insurance carriers that you can compare in order to select a policy that matches your individual needs and individual set of circumstances. Each policy can be tailor made and can be unique to your situation and lifestyle. Insurancebuffs understands the importance of home and contents insurance and works with providers that also offer competitive premiums without compromising on the level of cover.
In order to make sure you are adequately covered by your policy you will need to have a look around your home to work out the true value of your physical house and the contents within. It is recommended to take photographic evidence of your possessions in the event that you ever need to make a claim.
To work out the value of your home and contents, consider a few of the following:
- The total cost to rebuild the exterior of your home including bricks, pipes, pavers, gardens
- The cost of replacing the interior including gyprock, cornices, skirtings, window frames, doors, handles, paints
- The cost of flooring, blinds, curtains, light fittings, switches
- The cost of replacing laundry and kitchen appliances, both large items and smaller ones
- The replacement costs of clothing for each member of the family, shoes, underwear, school uniforms, work uniforms
- The costs of DVD’s, CD’s, Data storage, laptops, computers, IPods and other electrical equipment around the home such as cameras
- The cost of televisions, mobiles, Playstations
- The cost of replacing all of the furniture including lounges, dining tables and chairs, desks and beds
- The cost of all jewelry within the home including costume jewelry and valuable gold and silver
You will probably be amazed as to how much it would actually cost to replace all of your items once you create a list and take some photos. You will probably also realize that you may be underinsured in your current policy.
One of the reasons that many people are underinsured is because it is a price they need to pay each month or year for security that they feel is never going to be compromised. They take out the basic level of cover because the premium is cheaper and they belief their home and contents will always be safe.
Insurancebuffs have access to a variety of insurance providers that can completely cover your home and contents for a lot less that you may have thought, and perhaps a lot less than what you are currently paying for inadequate insurance cover.